August 1, 2018
With the development of new communications tools, it has become necessary to pay special attention to privacy protection. This is why the Quebec Subaru Dealers’ Association is committed to protecting the confidentiality of the personal information it collects.
SCOPE OF POLICY
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following information:
- Last name
- First name
- Electronic address
- Phone number
The personal information we collect is gathered by way of forms and interactivity between you and our Website. As described in the next section, we also use “cookies” and/or “log files” to compile information about you.
Automatic collection of information
As with most commercial Websites, when you visit the Quebec Subaru Dealers’ Association Website, it automatically collects the following information:
- Technical data, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which your computer is connected to the Internet, the type of browser and its version, the time zone settings, the types and versions of browser plug-ins, and the operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the complete Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream data on and from our Website (including the date and time), the products you looked at or researched, the response time of the pages, any downloading errors, the length of visits to certain pages, interactions with pages (such as scrolling, clicking and mouse pointing), as well as the navigation methods used to leave the page.
Cookies, Web beacons and Web-tracking technologies
You can block cookies with your browser settings, by which you can refuse all or some of the cookies. However, if you set your browser to block cookies, all or some parts of our Website may not function properly, which can detract from your experience.
Communication of information
We may share the information collected through our Website or with our cookies and Web beacons with certain third parties, including:
- Our suppliers and subcontractors of technical services and deliveries or for the performance of a contract we have entered into with them;
- Our third-party commercial partners (such as social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, advertising networks, suppliers of Google analytics solutions and Google search data) which need the data to select and distribute advertisements and messages that are relevant to you and other persons. We do not disclose data on identifiable individuals to these commercial partners, however, from time to time we may provide them with aggregate or anonymous information about our existing or potential customers or visitors to our Website. We may also disclose such aggregate or anonymous information to our commercial partners and use it to help us reach the type of audience we want to target with our messages and advertisements on the Websites of our third-party commercial partners; and
- Suppliers of analytical data and search engines which help us improve and optimize our Website.
LIMITS ON THE COLLECTION, USE AND COMMUNICATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Quebec Subaru Dealers’ Association will limit the quantity and type of personal information collected to the amount necessary for the information gathering purposes.
Personal information will only be retained for such time as is necessary to fulfil the information gathering purposes or as required or permitted by law, after which it will be destroyed or made anonymous. Personal information used to make a decision in respect of an individual will be retained for the time needed (at least one year after its use) to reasonably allow the individual to access the information following the decision and to exhaust all requests for access or remedies under the applicable privacy laws.